SC Concealed Weapons Permit Classes
**Class and Indoor Range in same location**
We have been teaching SC CWP classes since 2008 and have had over 2 thousand students come through our SC CWP classes. We strive to keep up with all the SC laws and cases dealing with it. The laws tend to be a bit gray on the surface and we strive to stay up to date on all the legal aspects to keep our students informed and safe not only physically but legally as well.
SC CWP class
(One Day Class)
$60 per person
$50 each for 2 or more
$50 for Disabled Veterans (any percentage qualifies)
***Do Not bring a loaded firearm in the classroom. Please bring your firearm in unloaded and check it in when you arrive. Please do not load firearm until on the range and instructed to do so***
Indoor climate controlled class and range so we hold our classes all year long rain or shine, cold or ho you'll be comfortable in the class and range.
SLED Class Requirements
Statutory and case law regarding deadly force
SC Laws governing firearms and concealed weapons
Proper firearms storage practices that deny
access to children
Prohibited carry locations
Liability and responsibility issues relating to
Proper interaction with Law Enforcement Officers
7. The four Cardinal firearms safety rules
Handgun safety, manipulation, and operation
Basic handgun marksmanship
10. Proper concealment techniques and drawing from
11. Live fire Qualification on the range with the instructor
**Our SC CWP Class is a 1 day class that starts at 9:30 am and last till approximately 2:30 pm**
Whether you're a beginner or experienced shooter we cover everything you need to know and more in our classes to get you started carrying a concealed weapon.
All of the above is covered in class and our classes also include:
- law packet
- application packet
- ALL paperwork filled out in class
- Pre-addressed envelope
What you need for Class:
- Drivers License (Address on DL must match current address before sending in to SLED)
- Gun, Holster, and 50 rounds of ammo, ( If you don't have a handgun or holster (no cost for holster) gun rental with ammo is $10).
- Class Fee: $60 per student or $50 each for 2 or more students
Dress comfortably for the day (The classroom is set at comfortable temp for our students, our range is indoor and is climate controlled as well).
After the class:
You have 2 options:
1: Digitally Processed (best option)
- You'll go online to https://www.identogo.com/locations/south-carolina, click on the digital fingerprinting portion, select schedule a new appointment, select CWP application, select new application, follow the instruction and make an appointment to one of several Identogo locations and have your fingerprints and packet digitally processed.
- You can set up the appointment before you take the class but must wait until you take the class to go to them. They process your fingerprints and paperwork digitally and it sends directly to SLED. You'll pay them the $50 fee and they take care of the rest. This is a much faster and simpler way in the long run and we highly suggest going this route.
2: Paper prints and Mailing packet
- You'll need to set up a time to go by your local Police Dept to be fingerprinted so that your packet isn't rejected by SLED or the FBI. They are rejecting more than 90% of our paper prints from everybody that isn't an actual law enforcement center. Getting fingerprinted at your local PD is preferred by SLED and will make the whole process smoother than sending in fingerprints from us and having them rejected and sent back instructing you to go get fingerprinted at your local PD anyway.
- You'll then need to go by the post office after you get the fingerprints, get a money order for $50 and send it all in in the provided packet and pre-addressed envelope to SLED.
- Doing the application packet this way has a better chance of not being rejected and insures a smoother all around process in obtaining your CWP.
We provide snacks and refreshments to our students. If you need to eat a meal during the class you can bring a "bag" lunch and eat during the class.
**Indoor climate controlled classroom and range**
Our class and range are in the same location!
Stay Warm in the Winter and Cool in the Summer!
Our range time is done on a 1 on 1 basis. We have a one lane closed door range that holds 1 student and instructor at a time. This makes it easier for the instructor to make sure our students are handling the firearm properly and safely, and makes sure student is confident and competent with the firearm.
SLED shall promulgate regulations containing general guidelines for courses and qualifications for instructors which would satisfy the requirements of this item. For purposes of subitems (a) and (c), 'proof of training' is not satisfied unless the organization and its instructors meet or exceed the guidelines and qualifications contained in the regulations promulgated by SLED pursuant to this item.
We offer Gift Certificates!
If interested email us and we'll set it up.
We complete ALL of your paper work in class to make getting your CWP as easy as possible!
Our classroom and range are in the same location and are both completed in the same day.
No experience needed, in depth class and hands on range training. Even if you've never fired a handgun you'll be able to safely handle and fire one by the end of class.
A Little About the Class
We have been teaching CWP classes since 2008. Our CWP classes are taught based on the NRA basic pistol instructions with a huge emphasis on SAFETY! We approach the class as though students have never worked with pistols. This approach ensures that everyone receives all the information they need to safely utilize pistols.You will be taught everything you need to know about handling, carrying, cleaning, storing, and using the pistol safely even in a defensive situation. You will know the SC Gun Laws and how to carry your firearm legally with your CWP. We instruct on what you need to know about defending yourselves, 21ft rule, tunnel vision, utilizing perceptive regression, ballistics, stopping power (what's hype & what's not), where to shoot, where not to shoot, and what you need to do to prepare for the courtroom if it comes to a trial. It is not only our job but our personal goal to make sure you are confident and proficient in handling and carrying your firearm!
We have a 6ft x 8ft projector screen set up with power point with lots of slides, pics and videos to help in instruction so you will get the most out of the classes. We provide you with a SC CWP packet with all the CWP laws and more.
Our Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP) classes are held in Anderson SC at a very convenient location. Our classroom and range are indoor and climate controlled at the same location so you stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter and don't have to go to 2 different places. We run our classes rain, shine, hot, or cold!
We strive to make obtaining your CWP as easy, comfortable, and enjoyable as possible
2 If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him, but if the sun has risen on him, there shall be bloodguilt for him.